help

discussion

Team Update: Request New Features

Started by lcjohnso
Default_user
over 6 years ago

One more thought. How about an Andromeda Project t-shirt and a daily winner chosen at random from the users.

And the ability to order one from the site.

Default_user
over 6 years ago

I agree with b/w in talk, counts of our classifications, and "?".

I would like to see a feature that shows you if there were any missed synthetic clusters in the image you just classified.

Default_user
over 6 years ago

Site navigation in general is a bit clunky -- unless it's just me or Chrome. It seems way too easy to get dead-ended. I frequently end up closing the browser, restart and log-in again. Also the log-out screen seems to disappear after classification

Default_user
over 6 years ago

When I circle a star cluster, and it comes up with a congratulations (meaning someone else had marked that field as well) I would like to go back and see why the circle was as large as it was and compare it to other star clusters I marked in the photo; I would like to see if my criteria is the same for my picks as the other one. Also, after I mark finished, sometimes I see something I forgot to mark, but can't go back to fix it.

Default_user
over 6 years ago

Actually, when you get a congratulations, it is usually for a synthetic cluster. Meaning a cluster that was inserted by the science team.

More info here (from the Guide): In addition to real clusters, we have inserted some highly-realistic synthetic clusters into the images. We use these objects to understand which kinds of clusters can be detected in the images, and which will be overlooked. Knowledge of these limits will be essential to deriving how Andromeda's system of stellar clusters evolves over time

Or you can search for synthetic clusters here on Talk.

But I agree, it would be nice to see what we missed (or didn't miss)

Anyway, Happy hunting !

Default_user
over 6 years ago

I´d like to see comments in the screen after ´finished´, also when I don´t decide I have something to mention myself. As another thing, it would be good if the picture could be switched between color and b/w there. It's nearly impossible to read the 'congratulations' text in a b/w image.

Default_user
over 6 years ago

I think it would be useful to give each user a count of images reviewed and it would also be useful to show where we MISSED synthetic clusters just like when we marked one. To help "train" our eyes but we need to ensure the Synths are realistic looking or we will be trained to find counterfeits....

Default_user
over 6 years ago

A message should be displayed when finding one of the 601 clusters, which were previously identified by the science team and published in the paper http://arxiv.org/abs/1204.3091 .

I talked about it in another discussion and here is the copied reply.:

jdalcanton:

We actually had talked about including that as a feature, but frankly ran out of time to implement it before launch!

http://talk.andromedaproject.org/science/discussions/DAP1000a05?page=2#

Default_user
over 6 years ago

Here is my wish list for enhancements:

• Ability to keep track # of hits – who, what, when…

• Ability to track success – so we learn from mistakes. Show us correct and incorrect with summary of what was wrong

• Ability to tag Nebulae

• Ability to mark objects like dense dust clouds

• Ability to select type of galaxy – if we choose to do so. May need to require user to select this feature to avoid confusion...

• Ability to zoom 5X and 10X over mouse area - may need to require user to select this feature to avoid confusion...

• Ability to post question within a tagged object – such as, “is this a star within a dust cloud, or a galaxy?”

• Ability to shift color for contrast and hue – to make easier viewing of high mag objects

• Ability to tag image as unusable, blurry or difficult to view – so they can be reviewed by your team for issues

• Ability to have collaborations between users while viewing images. We could click a button to share and enter another users username (if we know it). Then they could see what we see and help to identify more difficult objects - help reduce false positives...

Default_user
over 6 years ago

One more request:

Ability to quickly text (like SMS or chat) another user if we see them posting and want to privately follow up.

Please Log In to make comments.