help

discussion

Bug reports and classification site issues

Started by jules
Default_user
almost 7 years ago

If something isn't working for you or you find any bugs/errors please report them here.

Thanks!

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

The Tutorial (Classify Tutorial, not Talk Tutorial) ends with "Click No (bottom right) to proceed". There is no No ... not at the bottom right, not anywhere (I'm using Firefox).

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

Can't see what's above the image, in Classify.

I think it says "Hi JeanTate Welcome to Andromeda Project" and then there's a Sign Out button, but all I can see is a thin line, a dozen or so pixels wide.

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

I finish classifying, click on "Would you like to discuss this image in Talk?" ... and nothing happens (in the Classify window; I do get a Talk window)! Having finished, shouldn't I be given a new image to classify? (I do get one, when I click on No, but the logic of doing that seems ... odd).

Default_user
almost 7 years ago
jules (moderator) in response to JeanTate

JeanTate:

The Tutorial (Classify Tutorial, not Talk Tutorial) ends with "Click No (bottom right) to proceed". There is no No ... not at the bottom right, not anywhere (I'm using Firefox).

That's odd - I use Firefox / Windows Vista and the "No" option was there for me. What's your OS Jean? The techies will drop by later.

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

JeanTate:

I think it says "Hi JeanTate Welcome to Andromeda Project" and then there's a Sign Out button, but all I can see is a thin line, a dozen or so pixels wide.

I think that's how its designed. The welcome message disappears once you sign in - similar to the other projects.

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

JeanTate:

I finish classifying, click on "Would you like to discuss this image in Talk?" ... and nothing happens (in the Classify window; I do get a Talk window)! Having finished, shouldn't I be given a new image to classify? (I do get one, when I click on No, but the logic of doing that seems ... odd).

Again - same as the the other projects. You can end up with many tabs! I've kind of learnt to live with it. Thanks for the comments Jean - the technical team will be along later (and nice to see you here btw! :-) )

Default_user
almost 7 years ago
JeanTate in response to jules (moderator)

jules:

JeanTate:

That's odd - I use Firefox / Windows Vista and the "No" option was there for me. What's your OS Jean? The techies will drop by later.

Windows 7.

I've now tried it several times - four at least - and only once did I see a No ...

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

jules:

JeanTate:

I think that's how its designed. The welcome message disappears once you sign in - similar to the other projects.

Thanks for the reply, jules (and nice to see you too).

To be blunt, that doesn't make sense. First, I've never seen this with Galaxy Zoo (in any iteration) - though I wouldn't know about other projects. Second, if it's going to disappear, it should disappear completely. Third, if it's disappeared, how can you sign out? (I know how, but what's the point of having a 'Sign Out' button - one that works, presumably - if it can't be seen?)

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

jules:

JeanTate:

Again - same as the the other projects. You can end up with many tabs! I've kind of learnt to live with it. Thanks for the comments Jean - the technical team will be along later (and nice to see you here btw! :-) )

Hmm, maybe that's how it works in Moon Zoo, or some other Zooniverse project, but not how it works in Galaxy Zoo.

Yes, you do end up with a LOT of tabs (and yes, I'm beginning to remember which one I can close, without opening it).

No, in GZ (current iteration, the only one with Talk) once you click 'Yes' (would you like to discuss?), you get a new image to classify (and a new Talk tab).

Please Log In to make comments.