help

discussion

Team Update: Request New Features

Started by lcjohnso
Default_user
almost 5 years ago

We've heard some great suggestions for new features to add to the site, and I wanted to try to collect all of these in one place. These are a few of the items the development team is working on (apologizes on the brevity of this list - hard to collate everything on Talk):

+B/W images in Talk

+Counter of classifications in Profile

Please add others as replies to this thread!

Default_user
almost 5 years ago

The one that I was looking for was a "?" marker. As some of the images that show items that I'm not 100% sure of. They could be artifacts, or just dust. But, then again, it could be something that you're looking for. So a questionable marker may come in handy for others to review what you are looking at for clarification. As posting a single image on the chat, and asking the question seems to be taking all a ton of room up on the wall.

Default_user
almost 5 years ago

I vote for the "?" marker as well.

Default_user
almost 5 years ago

Would like to toggle between a b/w and color image, while i have the image enlarged on my screen. At present, if I have enlarged the image, to look at the structure more closely, I must reduce the size of the image, before I can once again, toggle between b/w and color. thanks very much, for your tireless effort, in managing this site and data.

Default_user
almost 5 years ago

-> "HII region" as one of the "Objects in this image", in addition to "star cluster" and "galaxy"

-> possibly also "lonesome blue" (though hard to see how you could limit its use to just bulge images)

-> ability to see the F814W image (in negative), as well as the F475W one (which is "B/W") - might be a great way to more easily spot clusters made up of (mostly) orange stars (and also pick out red background galaxies)

-> get the annotate tool to work

Default_user
almost 5 years ago

Providing the images are selected at random, information who is/has already classified the one we're working on and how they did it could be useful. We could talk and compare.

"?" marker is a great idea.

Default_user
almost 5 years ago

Ability to resize pictures in Talk would be good.

Ability (for mods) to split threads. The bugs thread is very complicated to follow.

Default_user
almost 5 years ago

Get annotate working an the site will jump from AA to AAA rated

Default_user
almost 5 years ago

How about synthetic galaxies.

Also I would like to be able to go back to the previous image.

Can we get a daily count of number of users and images viewed and clusters/galaxies marked.

Default_user
almost 5 years ago

I would like to be able to sort or filter the talk page by the number of comments

Please Log In to make comments.